FrontPage® 2000 enables you to create a database query that results in a list that displays all of the records in a particular field. This article describes the steps you can use to limit the results of another database query.
To filter a database query using a list, follow these steps:
- On the Insert menu, point to Form, and select Form.
- Delete the Reset button.
- Position the insertion point within the form. On the Insert menu, point to Database, and select Results.
- In step 1 of the wizard, select your database connection.
- In step 2, select your record source.
- In step 3, select Edit List and remove all of the fields, except the one that will be used to query the database. Click OK.
- In step 4, click to select Drop-Down List from the list of formatting options.
- In step 5, click Finish.
- Place your insertion point within the form, where you want the results to be displayed. Repeat steps 3 through 5.
- In step 3 of the wizard, click More Options, and click Add. Verify that the Field Name and the Value entries are the same as in step 6. Make sure the “Use this search form field” check box is selected. Click OK twice.
- In the More Options dialog box, click Defaults. Click Edit. Add a default value that matches the field type.
For example: If it is a number field, the default value could be 0.
Click OK three times.
- In step 4, choose to return the result to a table.
- In step 5, make sure the Add Search Form check box is not selected. Click Finish